Monday, December 18, 2017

A Bookish Conversation with Erotic Romance Author P Nelson



P Nelson has just started her journey in Erotic Romance this year with her debut novel Take My hand. The Rehabilitation of Master Dillon is a prequel novel to Take My Hand focusing on the character of Master Dillon. Nelson calls Vancouver her hometown and is married with one young daughter. At 6.00pm most days she can be found with a G&T in one hand and either her daughter or a good book in the other.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER



About the Book:

Eric Danvers thought he had found the perfect submissive before she was swept right out of his arms.

Now pining after the one woman he can’t have, Master Eric finds himself stuck in a gruelling cycle of emotional torture that has nothing to do with his BDSM lifestyle. Just as he was about to take a
hiatus from The Cage and the lifestyle altogether, Master Eric is asked to take on the role of training Dom for one of the new subs. Rather than agreeing, he’s coerced into the role and finds there’s more to his new training sub than meets the eye.

Elizabeth Williams is a sub on a mission.

Elizabeth Williams has read every single book on BDSM she can get her hands on, and she feels as if this is the lifestyle for her. After saving up for an entire year and working an extra job, she finally had enough money to enter the couples training program at the most exclusive BDSM club in Vancouver. Unfortunately, as soon as Elizabeth and her boyfriend are accepted, he decides that he wants a different sub. Elizabeth decides not to let go of her dream and enters the submissive training program.

Master Eric soon finds that Elizabeth Williams may be more sub than he can handle. He loves her brattiness, but he knows it hides a pool of inner hurt that cried out to his Dom instincts to heal. Elizabeth falls for Mater Eric as soon as she meets him and really believes she cannot help her brattiness. She wants to give him her true submission, but she might not be able to set aside her past hurts to move on. Read the story of Master Eric and Elizabeth in The Heart of the Matter.

ORDER YOUR COPY:

Amazon


What’s inside the mind of an erotic romance author?

-Mostly lists of things I’ve forgotten to do for the day jumbled together with potential plot ideas and how my characters will respond.

What is so great about being an author?

-Living other people’s lives. Being able to step into character’s fictional stories then out again offers a sense of freedom, excitement while still in control.

When do you hate it?

When I’m hung over. Or when my daughter needs my attention. Basically any time I’m too distracted to get through my word count, but I have a deadline.

What is a regular writing day like for you?

-Wake up. Coffee. Write. More coffee. Wander around my house. Look out the window. More coffee.

How do you handle negative reviews?

-Ignore them mostly. Life is really short. You cant please everyone and some people seem perpetually negative.

How do you handle positive reviews?

-Love them, I even re-read them when I need a bit of a remainder I actually can write.

What is the usual response when you tell a new acquaintance that you’re an author?
-They want to know what genre I write and how many books I sell. Which is actually really interesting if you think about it because you would never ask someone what they did for a living followed by their salary.

What do you do on those days you don’t feel like writing? Do you force it or take a break?

-Depends. I always take a break and come back to the computer. If I’m seriously uninspired then I leave the writing for the day. Unfortunately, I’m really good at arguing all the reasons why I shouldn’t do something.

Any writing quirks?

-I like to stand on my head for ten minutes before I begin. Just kidding. Nothing really comes to mind. I need routine. Minimal distractions. A relatively planned and structured day. I say relative as my little girl twirls about the house like a tornado.

What would you do if people around you didn’t take your writing seriously or see it as a hobby?

-I have no idea what people around me think of my writing. They may in fact not take me seriously or think I’m wasting my time, but that’s the good thing about writing being during my time. I can do what I like.

Some authors seem to have a love-hate relationship to writing. Can you relate?

-Sure. Everyone says do what you love, you can have too much of a good thing sometimes. Ice cream. I can definitely over eat ice cream to the point of hating it, but I always come back for more.

Do you think success as an author must be linked to money?

-I think it’s easier to equate success as a writer with money because it is something divisible that everyone understands. Only the author knows the satisfaction that comes from a five star review on a book that hasn’t made any money.

What has writing taught you?

-Be myself and if there is story you haven’t seen anywhere, but you want to read. It’s your obligation to the readers of the universe to write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Author Interview: True Crime Author Emilio Corsetti III #authorinterview

  Emilio Corsetti III is a retired airline pilot and the author of the bestselling nonfiction books 35 Miles From Shore and ...